We were never meant to live this Christian life alone. We need each other. Hebrews 12:1-4 informs us that we are to run this life looking to Jesus Christ. Christ is founder and perfecter of our faith but it also say's in this passage “Let us run.” We need the body of Christ to glorify Christ properly!! We need others to help us consider Jesus. Church Membership is important!
Scripture about church membership:
- Acts 14:27, 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:5-9, Hebrews 13:7
Requirements to join:
- Repentance of sin and personal trust in Christ alone for salvation. (Matthew 28:19, Mark 1:15, Acts 2:38, Romans 10:9, 13, 1 John 1:9)
- Share salvation experience with Pastor or counselor.
- Believers Baptism. (Matthew 28, Acts 2:38, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Colossians 2:12)
- Attend Discover Foundation Class.
- Agrees with the statement of faith.
- Discover a place to serve.
- I acknowledge the lordship of Jesus Christ in my life and have a personal relationship with Him. (Matthew 7:21)
- I will grow spiritually and obey. ( Hebrews 5:11-13, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Colossians 2:6-3:17, James 1:22)
- I will attend regularly (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- I will keep the unity (Romans 14:19)
- I will love one another. (1 Corinthians 13)
- I will pursue reconciliation and not gossip (Matthew 18:15-20)
- I will pray for the church family and the leadership (Acts 2:42, 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- I will obey and submit to church leaders (Hebrews 13:7,17)
- I will encourage and equip others. (Hebrews 3:12-13)
- I will serve. (Romans 12:6-8, 1Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4:11-32)
- I will make disciples. (Matthew 28:18-20, Luke 19:10)
- I will lead my family spiritually. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9)
- I will give generously. (Acts 2:45, Romans 10:13, 2 Corinthians 8-9, 1 John 3:17)
- I will participate in the ordinances of the church. ( 1 Corinthians 11:20-33, Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 2:38-42)
- I will commit to fellowship regularly with church family. (Acts 2:42)